Director, MEO in charge of Plastics Compound Business Office,
International Affiliate Management Office General Manager,
International Affiliate Management Office
From 60 locations
Inabata started as an importer of chemicals from Europe and hence overseas business has flourished since then.Though focusing on Japan temporarily after the World WarII, overseas business continued to expand following the launch of Inabata Singapore (Pte.) Ltd. in 1976.
We currently operate in about 60 locations throughout Southeast Asia & India, Northeast Asia, the Americas, and Europe, providing a wide range of business functions such as planning, marketing, manufacturing, and logistics.
- Borderless collaboration
- In the past, we often distinguished domestic and overseas businesses. Now our service extending beyond borders and even business domains is commonplace.
Asia will remain as our “main engine” of business. And we will continue to focus on expanding our IT & electronics and plastics operations around the world. Meanwhile, we plan to expand our auto-related plastics business in East Asia to the Americas and India. In chemicals, we hope to grow our coating material processing in China for automobiles to Southeast Asia & India, and the Americas. Many similar moves that transcend the traditional framework are in progress.
The full-scale development of housing & eco materials and food businesses overseas have just begun, which previously focused on the Japanese market. As businesses transcending the borders continue to increase, collaboration among the Inabata Group, our business partners and affiliates around the world becomes ever more essential.
- Growing together by sharing values
- Implementing our management philosophy is crucial for global business development. Inabata’s open culture,hand-on approach, and sincere customer support are characteristics of our company. Against this backdrop, I will strive to implement the fifth IK Value: “To grow with people across borders, sharing and respecting diverse values with the aim of co-prosperity.”
The following is an overview of our business activities by region.
- Southeast Asia + India
- Throughout the region, we are developing the resin compound business, while buying and selling plastics for the home electronics, OA (office automation), automobile, and motorcycle industries. In Thailand, Inabata operates Nobel NC Co., Ltd., a maker of nitrocellulose for coating materials.
The liquid crystal display (LCD) and printer businesses are being developed mainly by Inabata Singapore. In India, we deal with plastics and chemicals, including those for automobiles. Southeast Asia is the main supplier of Inabata’s marine products, such as shrimp and other seafood
for sushi. Business development is under way in Myanmar, where economic development is expected due to progress in democratization.
- Northeast Asia
- In Northeast Asia - China, Taiwan, and South Korea – we deal with flat panel display (FPD) materials and devices, resin compounding, and processing of coating materials.
LCD business that caters to the flat-screen and smartphone industries is expected to grow further. We are enhancing collaboration with both domestic and overseas firms as competing South Korean and Taiwanese firms actively shift their manufacturing bases to China.
- The Americas
- In the Americas, we provide materials for the IT & electronics, plastics, chemicals, and food industries. The region is a major auto market. We are enhancing our business in Mexico as automakers move to increase production in the country. We are also studying the potentials of plastics and chemicals business in Brazil.
- In UK, France, and Poland, we are focusing on the fine chemical, green energy, LCD, and semiconductor businesses.
French affiliate Pharmasynthese S.A.S. produces pharmaceutical intermediates and chemicals for electronic materials, adding a unique function to Inabata’s capability.